Engineered Hardwood Flooring Pros
As a very similar product to real hardwood floors, high-quality engineered hardwood flooring strikes the right balance between beauty and affordability. Here at Mountain Valley Floors, we believe that you deserve the best floors that money can buy. This is why we partner with several of the flooring industry’s most notable vendors. Additionally, when you work with our team, you can be assured that you will receive expert installation from our experienced and knowledgeable flooring installers. Whether you’re in Loveland, Fort Collins, Windsor, Greeley, or Estes Park, we’d love to help you! Call today to schedule a free consultation!
What is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
We find that many people may not know the difference between solid hardwood and engineered hardwood. While solid hardwood is made from a single piece of wood, engineered hardwood is a layered product with a hardwood veneer top layer. The inner layers and core may be composed of various wood materials, such as hardwood, plywood, and high-density fiberboard. The result is an incredibly resilient, versatile flooring option for any space in your home or office.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits to engineered hardwood:
- It can be installed on any level, including basements.
- It is incredibly easy to maintain and resistant to wear and tear.
- It is an environmentally friendly flooring option.
- It can be sanded and refinished.
- It is more affordable than solid hardwood, but still provides the look of genuine hardwood.
- It is less likely than solid hardwood to react adversely to fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
Care and Maintenance
One of the greatest things about this versatile flooring option is how easy it is to maintain! You can keep your engineered hardwood floors looking amazing with the following tips:
- Keep floors swept or vacuumed on a daily basis, or as frequently as possible.
- Clean with a slightly damp mop and a gentle cleaner when necessary.
- Never use steam, harsh cleansers, wax-based cleaners, or steel wool on your floors.
- Dry microfiber dust mops pick up dust, dirt, and debris easily.
- Avoid walking on your floors with high heels or spiked shoes.
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible and make sure the area is completely dry.
- Rugs and mats can help protect the floor’s surface from pebbles, dirt, and other abrasives.
Ready to learn more about this amazing flooring material? Contact us at 970-372-4019 or schedule your consultation online today!